Clinical Social Worker and Registered Psychotherapist, Heather Boswell provides a refreshing perspective in response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic.
Our world has certainly experienced a significant shift in these last few days and weeks. We are experiencing something so new which can feel very unsettling.
Let’s encourage ourselves to focus on what we can influence, as opposed to what we can not. If you’re staying home, and looking for ways to encourage a shift in focus, here are a few ideas:
- Meditate! Now is the perfect time to give meditation a try. Click here to learn more about meditation on Onyx. If you’re familiar with meditation and have been too busy lately, now is the time to get back to your practice
- Move your body. Although many of us are staying in, how can you get creative about movement at home, or in your neighbourhood. Long walks in nature and an at home stretch session are two of my favorites!
- Cook! Does anyone else keep cookbooks and magazines for recipes, but always cooks the same thing over again? Now is the time to see what you can make with pantry ingredients. My personal favorite pantry staple recipe is Alison Roman’s Chickpea Stew
- Organize your closets, make donation bags, keep what you love!
- AND maybe now is the time to ALLOW yourself to relax… to settle in, to watch the show without guilt, to slow down your pace. Whatever you need in this time, give it to yourself.